Our Services

Area of Expertise

European Applications

The UK is a member of the European Union and all individuals from any of the Member States have the right of free movement in the UK. EU nationals and their family members have the right to live and work in the UK as long the EU national is exercising Treaty Rights in the UK and is a qualified person as envisaged under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006.

In the coming months the Law and regulations relating to this matter will be subject to a lot of change (and even more so due to the Brexit and the UK’s decision to leave the EU. It is therefore even more imperative that those who could be affected by this in the future seek advice on how to secure any future status in the UK). Our specialist team are up to date with all relevant matters and will advise you accordingly, (even on the future implications of the Brexit scenario).

The various applications which can be made by EEA nationals and their family members are listed below:

EEA Family Permit;
EEA Residence (Card) permit application (as the Family Member of Extended Family Member of an EEA national);

(EEA Residence Card based on Surinder Singh);

(Derivative EEA Residence Card based on Sole Carer of British Child/British Citizen);

EEA Permanent Residence application (for both EEA and non-EEA nationals residing for the requisite period in the UK); and

British (Citizenship) Passport.

What we can do for you:

  • Take detailed instructions relating to your situation;
  • Advise on the requirements for submitting a relevant EEA application;
  • Prepare your detailed application;
  • Draft a case specific covering letter identifying all the relevant factual points and addressing all the legal issues (pertinent to your individual circumstances);
  • Liaise with the Home Office and any relevant parties with a view to getting a quick decision;
  • Advise you following receipt of any decision; and
  • In the event of a negative decision go through the reasons for refusal and your options for submitting an appeal (or a fresh application as the case may be).

Previous page